Friday, October 11, 2013

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

The most wonderful time of the year isn't Christmas for me (though I do LOVE Christmas!).  It is and always has been FALL for me!

Yay Fall!!  I know I'm a little slow to jump on the celebration wagon but its only because I have been grieving over my first Autumn that includes no changing leaves.  Every other year of my life I have had at least a weekend of wonderful crisp days crunching through leaves while a kaleidoscope of colors swirl and thrill.

Not so for this year.  My heart aches knowin it is out there without me to revel in it.

But I carry on!  Not that its TOO too hard...life is pretty good right now :)

I'm just loving fixing up my new little house (hence the lack of posts in such a long time) and wedding plans for sure keep me busy.  I go to pick up my dress next week (Eeeeee!!!!) and even though it won't be hemmed and such until much closer to the wedding, it will be so exciting to know that I am in possession of THE DRESS!

God continues to teach me every day how my imperfect ways need work, and what a blessing that is!  Those days when its like "I've sooo got this whole being Christian thing!  I'm rocking it!  Look at me giving all these spiritual responses to things and look how I'm doing this or that like I should!  Sainthood is EASY!"  And in the back of my head I'm thinking "Oh dear.  I'm about to get a big lesson.  But I'm not gonna worry about that in the midst of my rockin' it right now!"

Not that those days come very often.  Thank Goodness!

Biggest lesson God is teaching me right now, in the midst of my missing the season that seems to make up a part of my very soul, is that there is always something to cry about.  There is always going to be something that is going to try and get you down.

But our God is, without a single doubt, a God with a sense of humor.  I mean just look at the platypus! And if God, who sees EVERY SINGLE misery that happens in this world, can have a sense of humor and playfulness and CALM in the midst of all of it, then so can I.

If I forget, all I have to do is take a moment to focus on what is going on outside of me- birds singing joyfully and playing tag in the air, flowers soaking up the sun in glorious colors, rain that makes music as it falls, strangers exchanging smiles, car dancing in traffic, a child's delight in what has become commonplace to the rest- I could go on forever!

In the end there will always be more good than bad in the world.  God is in the details people!  Don't get downhearted by the world shouting bad news at every opportunity so that they can get a sensational reaction!  Take a moment and find God in the quiet of your heart and you will see the world for what it is:

The Kingdom of a Mighty King who will not let evil and strife last forever.

Then allow yourself to laugh :)

No comments:

Post a Comment