Saturday, October 19, 2013

Marriage Preparation

Day 3/30 in my blog challenge.

Today felt like an age and a half.

My man and I went to our county's Pre Cana course, which is a required marriage course for the Catholic church.

In general, I feel that this is an excellent thing.  They go over important topics that many wide-eyed couples who split their time between Cloud 9 and wedding planning tend not to think of.  Financial issues, communication, what to do when "the honeymoon is over" to keep the love alive, wills, etc.

Turns out, however, that my man and I have a pretty good talking relationship and we already talked about most of these issues.  Hearing them discussed in depth for 7 hours while a beautiful Saturday beckoned out the wall of windows was a little trying.

My brain feels squishy.


1 comment:

  1. At least it made you see that you guys are doing the right things and above where you need to be :).

    ReplyDelete