Saturday, October 26, 2013

Costume Anxiety

Day 10/30 in my blog challenge

If you've read my blog before today (awww!  Thanks so much for your continued reading!) you might notice there has been a slight change to my blog's face.  A makeover, if you will.  Just moved a couple things around and made the title bright pink because pink is more joyful than light green.  Right?

I was procrastinating from finding a costume, if you want to know the truth.

The restaurant I work in is in the middle of a party zone.  Which means that for a big holiday like Halloween you better get prepared for some...errr....FESTIVE times!  I'm a little frightened honestly.

At any rate, if I don't dress up while working I will feel tremendously out of place and super boring.  I'm not a fan of either thing; hence the costume anxiety!

Usually I'm super prepared for Halloween and can't wait for it to get here.  I'm at least going over costume ideas in my head while the month of October slips by.  Not so for this year.  Moving houses and planning a wedding sort of got in the way.

My bad.

I at least thought I had until the actual holiday to figure something out but it turns out the major festivities are tonight.  My version of what should happen is never what the majority thinks.   I'm pretty sure this is why people think I'm....unique?  Naive?  Weird.  I prefer awesome, but whatever ;)

I'll never be as awesome as this kid though so that's enough about me
Anywho.  The whole point is I'm completely lacking in creative juices right now.  I was thinking of being Merida from Brave but I'm just not sure about working in Middle Ages Scottish wear.

Just found out this is a job at Disney.  Dream job: FOUND!  Who says procrastination doesn't pay?
I hope all of your costumes are going better than mine right now!  Just know that the best has already been done and you can't beat it, so don't stress too much if you're still working on ideas:

Stud.
Also, just because I'm still LOVING my doTerra essential oils, I'm going to end by sharing how they are still changing my life for the best!
I have ALWAYS had trouble going to sleep and staying asleep but now every night before bed I put some Ylang Ylang (ooo that's fun to say!) oil on the bottom of one foot and some Serenity oil blend on the other (the foot has the most pores of anywhere on the body so the oils are absorbed quicker) and I sleep like a zombie!  If zombies sleep that is.  Not sure.  Anyway the point is I sleep HARD and this has never happened before!
I also ordered one of their new products which is fondly nicknamed the Flu Bomb because it a softgel filled with every anti-sick oil there is!  I felt super terrible the other night so I took just one of those little beasts and went to bed thinking I was for sure going to have to call in sick in the morning.  I woke up feeling better than ever!



But back to the major point: what is your costume this year, or what was your favorite from years' past?

No comments:

Post a Comment