Monday, October 21, 2013

Frugal Living

In an effort to make my life a little easier, healthier, and less wasteful of money I have come up with a few ideas to re-define "fast food."

Today I made up a big batch of taco meat with homemade seasoning.  Making homemade seasoning is extremely easy and much healthier due to the reduction in sodium and the lack of preservatives.

Easy, healthy, AND delicious?  Sign me up!

With this taco meat at the ready in the fridge (and half stored in the freezer so I don't get sick of it) I can easily and quickly make tacos, nachos, mexican eggs, and salads.  Yum!

I also picked up some english muffins, some pizza sauce, and cheese to make mini pizzas that are MUCH healthier than the within-my-budget frozen pizzas.  I can even put some of my taco meat on one or two pizzas!

The last thing I am pre-preparing this week is boiled eggs.  These are another extremely versatile and healthy food!

I feel good about this small change in my life.  Not having to cook EVERY day when there is hardly any time to do it anyway makes one less worry!   Besides, I know I can't be the only one who is sometimes very bored at the number of times I get hungry in a day.  Making food every time can be exhausting!  :)

3 comments:

  1. Yes, great ideas. I do the same thing! Only I feel like you would be much more creative in what you find to make :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I owe all my creativity to Pinterest. Really, I had no idea I was actually artistic until that site. Then I became afraid of ever throwing anything out lest it have some sort of necessary use later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unsecured online home improvement loan do not require any collateral but requires you to fulfill some requirements relating to monthly income, noise from fridge

    ReplyDelete