Thursday, October 17, 2013

Back to the Essentials

In the midst of my crazy life right now, I am taking a 30-day challenge to write in my blog every day.  Now that I have my internet up and running it should be a piece of cake!  Right??

I notice that my mind works better when I get my thoughts down, and even though I feel kind of ridiculous writing in a blog that I'm not positive anyone really reads, I keep feeling a call to write it.  Plus, if I'm only writing this so that other people read it then its kind of pointless. :)  Maybe God has some plan for this blog that I'm not privy to, so on with the challenge!

I wanted to start my challenge by writing about something that has transformed my life for the best....essential oils!  This is a topic I know will be coming up quite often in my future posts so I think an introduction is necessary.

Plus, I just want to gush about how amazing these are for a minute! Or ten...

These oils are from a company called DoTerra and they are so crazy cool they had to come up with a new category of oil since they didn't fit with any of the others: Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade.  They are 100% plant derived for some good old-fashioned healing from the sources God put on this earth to heal us with!

Surprisingly enough, pharmaceutical companies were not invented in those first 6 days.  I'm not convinced pill mills were in the cards for our ultimate well-being.

Ooooo pretty!

I was amazed to learn that in order for an essential oil to be categorized as "essential" the FDA says that it needs to contain 20% of the oil it claims to essentially be.

20%.

What is the other 80%??  I don't think I want to know. And this is in places that advertise organic and other health food stores!  I don't know what percentage other places have, but I want no part of them.

Now, the good news about this is that if the FDA is saying 20% is ok, it must mean the essential parts of these oils are pretty powerful.  This is the only conclusion I can come to as to why such a low percentage could be considered ok.  This is also the conclusion I have come to after trying these oils.

Since they are 100% of what they claim to be, just ONE drop is powerful enough to knock out most problems.  Topically applied they get into your blood stream in 30 SECONDS, and since they work on a cellular level they fight problems from the very source.  Pharmaceuticals cannot fight at that level.  Within 20 minutes of applying the oils they are in every single cell of your body.  I don't have a scientific enough mind to be able to understand this part, but there are websites filled with the research and proof.  I really only need the proof in my own life though.

 Since they are 100% plant based they are the only essential oil on the market to be able to be ingested.  You cannot overdose on them.  Not one oil has only one function; each oil can be used for so many different things!

Household cleaners, bug repellant, energizers, mood lifters, hormone balancing....the list goes on!

I just can't get over how awesome these are and how well they work.  I'm sorry for the seeming sales-shpeal (anyone know how to spell that word??) but this style of living is something I have wanted since I can remember.  I wanted a big garden from which I ate and made my medicines and household cleaners and lotions etc.  I still want a big garden but now I can just eat and cook the fruits of my labor instead of learning from scratch how to be all medicinal :)

I feel better than ever and I'm only a couple months in to exploring everything!  Its a beautiful world...and I feel more connected to it than I ever have!

If you're interested in learning more, check out this page and the links on it
http://www.doterra.com/us/essentialDefinition.php
Or contact me if you are done depending on dangerous chemicals in your life :)

2 comments:

  1. Fun challenge, that's awesome! I can't wait to learn more about the oils!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for you to get your oils!! We will be learning together :)

    ReplyDelete