Friday, October 18, 2013

The Daily Question

Day 2/30 in my challenge!

My diffuser is gurgling happily in the kitchen (which connects to the living room....I live in a fairly cozy place) as I type and I can just feel the Balance blend and Wild Orange getting my mind ready for the day!  I added a bit of On Guard, which helps fight colds/flus, since I woke up feeling a little under the weather, and now any airborne pathogens are saying their last goodbyes. (Those are three of my essential oils, by the way).

Dang it feels good to be a hippie!  (Only a slight variation to the Office Space song...but said with the same gangster attitude.  Maybe a little extra excitement.)

I wake up today with a question on my mind that I ask myself, and my man, a lot.

"What is God trying to tell me today?"

I love this question!  It focuses my mind to be more God-centered while giving me a chance to really sift through all the superficial thoughts in my head to the real meat of my problems.

What IS God trying to tell me?

There are as many answers to this question as there are people in the world.  I find that if I keep the question in my mind all day I realize God is actually saying a lot to me!  It continues to amaze me that God has a personal interest in my life but I have had enough proof of this to convince me of its truth.

I hear Him speaking to me when I turn on the radio and someone is talking about an issue I am dealing with and ways to cope.

I hear Him speaking when something hurts me...why is it hurting me?  What wounds from my past still need to be healed?  After all, no words can hurt us unless we consider them to have some truth to them.  We should love and allow ourselves to be loved but we shouldn't let others' human-ness upset our happiness.  Realizing hurt is one of the best ways to hear God talking!

I hear Him speaking in nature.  He is begging us to see the beautiful gifts He has given us!  Imagine if you gave someone a bouquet of flowers and they didn't even notice!  He gave us an entire world and we can't even see it sometimes.

I hear Him when I do something wrong in the day (so I hear Him a LOT).  He shows me patterns in my negative behavior so I can work on it.

There are so many other ways to hear Him!  Start listening and you will be amazed at how much you have been missing :)

Its such a great way to start a conversation and really get to the heart of what is going on in someone's life.  It is an excellent dinner table question to rehash a day.  A bedtime question to aid in searching your conscience.

So.  What is He trying to tell YOU today?

2 comments:

  1. love this...it is so easy for me to forget to ask God this question in the morning. When I do take time to spend with Him even if just for a few minutes, he usually has so much to say! Definitely starting my morning out tomorrow asking this question :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad! Its definitely my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete