Friday, November 1, 2013

All Saint's Day

Wishing I was in Poland today celebrating All Saint's Day!  As it is I am celebrating by making a spicy spinach and artichoke dip for my man.  I like to put lots of extra cheese in it, but I forgot to pick up mozzarella at the store so I'm going to be trying out colby jack and seeing if that is a total bomb.  I'm using jalapeno cream cheese to give it a nice kick :)

Who out there just loves All Saint's Day?  Oooo oooo pick me!  Pick me!

What's there not to love?  A day that is in honor of a specific saint has traditionally been celebrated by all who share that saint's name; St. John's day is celebrated by all John's and so on.  It is still a bigger deal than birthdays in some countries!  Presents, special food, everyone is happy for you.  Its great!

On All Saint's Day, however, EVERYONE gets another "birthday" because we are celebrating ALL saints!  Wooo hooo!!

Its also a day where you get to really think about all of your loved ones who have passed on already.  Don't think about them in a way that gets you all down and sad though!  Pray for them in case they are in purgatory (if you haven't been doing that already) and think about them being all crazy happy in heaven :)  That's why its a required day of going to Mass....there are so many souls in Purgatory who need our prayers!  Life is busy and we so often forget to pray for those who have gone before us; this is our built-in opportunity to remember.

What a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment