Sunday, July 7, 2013

Teacups! And other happenings of the week

Sorry ahead of time if there is a slow loading time... I couldn't resist a bunch of photos for this post :)

I have developed an obsession intense interest in teacups throughout this year.  Not that I didn't like teacups before; its just that once I started really getting into thrifting, I started noticing how amazing and varied the teacup is.  Soon after, I found inspiration for a project I can use lots of teacups for and now I search them out like they are the key to my survival.  In my current room that has three surfaces for putting things on, I have used two whole surfaces just to store my teacups.  I find so many other things in thrift stores that I save in boxes for my future decorating attempts but with these cups I feel I am doing the world an injustice by hiding their pretty flowers and elegant designs.

The Blue Collection


Flower Power


The Crazy One

I find my gaze wandering towards them consistently throughout the day and sometimes get embarrassed to find 10 minutes have gone by with nothing to show for it but a greater fondness for those silly cups.  Then I remember one of my fave quotes by a William Morris: "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful." And goodness do I find them beautiful!  Useful too, for that matter ;)

All-time favorite thrift store teacup
Just know that this is maybe half of my collection, but feel better for my bank account when you find out that the mass majority have been bought for no more than $4!  Some were 50 cents!  One man's trash...

Ok enough about my teacups.  I've been having a lot of fun in thrift shops these days and have a lot to show for it, but my highlight this week was going to visit Koreshan State Park on the 4th of July with most of my family (missed you Beth!!).  Florida has been trying to make up for its drought status last year by drowning its citizens but the morning of the 4th was gorgeous blue sky and a few hours blessed relief from humidity!  Perfect outing weather :)  With a playground, a bunch of historical buildings, and a lazy hike by a river, there was no shortage of fun...but maybe of water haha.  I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves!

Me and my man

I loved how they covered a brick in fabric for a doorstop!

Moving on to the next part of the hike

The whole gathering.  If I wasn't busy snapping pictures I might know why they are all gazing in the river.

This one was just too cute.  "Here mom let me get that tied for you."
Thanks for stopping by :)  I have lots of projects that need before and after pictures posted- coming soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment